Saturday, June 7, 2008

We got a puppy

For those of you who know me it may come as a surprise! Yes, I actually got a dog! I have always been a cat lover and I have always owned at least 2 cats at a time for my entire life. John has always wanted a bulldog. His high school mascot was a bulldog and he has always loved the look, built and structure of the English Bulldog.

So, it all started when I was driving and saw a sign that said "papered English bulldogs for sale". I made my first mistake by stopping the car to fullfill my curosity. I already knew they would be cute, but I thought I would take a look anyway. They were even cuter than I had imagined! I immediately called John and told him he had to come take a look. He of course was too busy at work and he was on his way out of town, but I convinced him to stop and take a look on his way out of town. When he pulled up in his truck and saw the pup I was holding, he instantly fell in love! He said it was exactly what he wanted. He had the right colors and the most wrinkles out of the litter. The only problem was we were leaving the next day to go out of town for a week. I asked the owner if she would keep him at her house for the next week if we paid her for the dog up front. It was the longest week and we could not wait to get home and see him.

John wanted to name Caysen "Thor" because it is a cool name, he said. I don't know how serious he was. But I suggested "Thor" for the dogs name and of course he loved it! So, "Thor" it is!

I had not idea what I was getting myself into! I was basically signing onto having another baby in the house. Caysen is crawling right now so they are at the same level in height. Thor crawls and licks all over him and chews on all of his toys. Don't get me started on the house training thing. It is seriously like potty training a kid! Oh, and because of his short snout he slobbers on everything!

We came so close to getting rid of him but every time I look at his face I can't resist it! And after alot for thinking and debating we decided to keep him. He is so cute and fun to have around and the kids love him!

No comments: