Sunday, September 26, 2010

New Family Addition


Welcome to the family jingles! Whitney has been begging me for almost 2 years for a kitten. Not just a kitten but an orange one that looks like her "Amber kitty" (beanie baby). I went to petco today to get dog food before heading out of town to go camping at Lake Mead. They were having a pet adoption. I spotted a little orange kitten right off the bat. I made the mistake of stopping to not only look but hold this kitten. He immediately stared purring and nestled right up on my shoulder and in my hair. I was there for at least 2 hours debating weather or not to get the kitten. Needless to say I brought it home without John's permission or Whitney knowing. When she came home from school she was holding her "Amber" and said she took Amber to show and tell. I said, "don't you wish you had a real Amber"? Just as I finished my sentence Whitney saw the kitten sitting on the kitchen counter. She said "kitty! Is it mine? Hello kitty. He's so cute momma!" Then she showed her Amber to the kitten and said, "look here is a friend! Whats his name?" I told her he is her kitty and she can name him whatever she wants. She chose Jingles! We had plans to go camping that day and I did not want to leave the new kitten home alone with Thor so we took Jingles camping with us.

No comments: