Thursday, August 16, 2012

My 4th Grader

Really? 4th grade? Where does the time go? I remember 4th grade like it was yesterday! That was the year I had Mr. Shalappi. He had a treasure chest full of candy used as bribery for good behavior. That was the year I learned division. I also remember accidently stapling my finger. Whitney was not one bit excited for school to start. It's really sad that she hates school so bad at such a young age. I took her to school to help her find her class, meet her teacher and take a few pictures. It wasn't long after I got home that I started missing her. I enjoy summertime and having my kids around. I love spending time with them doing fun things, traveling and not being on a schedule. I love staying up late and sleeping in too! When Whitney got home and I asked her how her first day went I was surprised by her answer. "AWESOME"! She said math was easy and her teacher was nice. She told me about how they can earn play money and buy things at the 4th grade store. She was pretty excited about that! I'm greatful she had a good first day and hope her positive attitude remains for the rest of the year (probably not but it's wishful thinking)!
Whitney with her teacher Mrs. Nielson

No comments: