Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sad



I had to put my cat down about a week ago and it was really hard for me. I am a huge animal lover and my cats are a part of my life! Hardy was 12 years old. We adopted him when he was 5 and we had him for 7 years. He was an over weight cat and because of his age and weight he got really sick. He was dehydrated and had kidney failure. He looked sick and I could tell he was in pain. Why make him suffer? The hardest part was holding him in my arms as we were driving to the vetrinary hospital and knowing that was my last time holding him. I sobbed the whole way there. When the doctor took Hardy from my arms I seriously lost it! I had to go sit in the car while my husband took care of things. The vet said that his body was in shut down mode and he did not fight it. He was ready to go and he went quickly. I continued to cry on the way home. My sweet daughter said " It's okay mommy, don't be sad, He is with Jesus now, he is happy"! She handled it very well. I think it's because she really wants a kitten. My husband buried him in the backyard. I was an emotial wreck so I went over to my neighbors house while he buried him. It took me a week befor I went to see where he buried him. It is amazing how emotionally attached we can become to our pets. All I have now are the memories and pictures. Goodbye Hardy, you will be missed!

5 comments:

Mea said...

Hey Mindy! Looks like you guys had a fun time in San Diego. Sorry to hear about your cat. That is so sad. I'm sure Whitney will talk you into getting another one :)

Unknown said...

I can imagine your pain, that would be very difficult, he is out of pain now so that is good! p.s. my blog is bellabububoos.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi, new blog address: Larsenloves.blogspot.com

Gatherums said...

Hey Johnny and Mindy! Its Ally and Ty. We finally have a blog site or address is tagatherum.blogspot.com. Sorry about your kitty! Hope you guys are doing well!

Mike and Dee said...

I'm sorry about your cat! Our cat is overweight and getting older too, and my kids are so attached to him! I can't imagine what you guys went through!