Friday, July 11, 2008

Grandpa




My dear sweet Grandpa was recently diagnosed with brain shrinkage which is causing Alzheimer's. He also has thyroid problems and congestive heart failure. He was in the ICU for 2 weeks and then sent to a recovery center. I made a trip to SLC to go visit him. I have always been very close to him. It was hard to have a conversation with him. Every time I asked him a question he would answer with something that had nothing to do with what I was asking. I'm not even sure if he knew who I was. He was very confused and forgetful. It was so hard to see him like this. Nobody should have to suffer the last years of their life like this. I left the recovery center in tears. This has been so hard on my family, especially my mom. I wish I lived closer so I could help her. All I can do is listen to her cry on the phone and I feel so helpless.

1 comment:

kgoody said...

email me your email address so I can send you an invite to my blog. kgoody11@yahoo.com Your kids are getting so big and theyre so cute. Kristi G.